Thursday, May 26, 2011

Haiku dedicated to almond butter

Stolen from the web:

Haiku is a poetic form and a type of poetry from the Japanese culture. Haiku combines form, content, and language in a meaningful, yet compact form. Haiku poets, which you will soon be, write about everyday things. Many themes include nature, feelings, or experiences. Usually they use simple words and grammar. The most common form for Haiku is three short lines. The first line usually contains five (5) syllables, the second line seven (7) syllables, and the third line contains five (5) syllables. Haiku doesn't rhyme. A Haiku must "paint" a mental image in the reader's mind. This is the challenge of Haiku - to put the poem's meaning and imagery in the reader's mind in ONLY 17 syllables over just three (3) lines of poetry!

I remember having to write haikus in elementary school and thinking how dumb they were. Seriously the most boring "poetry" ever! However, I can't claim to be much of a poet myself, so I will happily take the cop-out in order to express my adoration of almond butter. Oh man this stuff is way too good. Too good like eat a jar of it in two days kinda good. I don't think I would have made it through finals without almond butter spread on apple and frozen banana slices! My two favorite kinds are Earth Balance's creamy agave sweetened almond butter and Justin's chocolate almond butter!

This stuff may be the best nut butter I have had in my entire life, and that is not something I would casually throw out there. Its even better than the Peanut Butter & Co's Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, which I can't believe is possible!

So here's to you almond butter, a small token of my love and appreciation, a haiku.

Almond Butter is so tasty
Spread on toast, apples, or frozen bananas
Or eaten with a spoon

Did you all get the mental image? Oh good.


Allllllll gone :( Justin's Nut Butter Natural Chocolate Almond Butter, 16 Ounce Jars (Pack of 3)


And if you are not in the mood for chocolate, I love love love this almond butter. The Consistency is great and I really like that it has flax in it and that they use agave as the sweetener.
Earth Balance Almond Butter, Creamy, 16-Ounce (Pack of 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment